Tuesday, September 23, 2014

{BIG} Update

Do you ever have those days where you feel like you're failing--or flailing--as a parent? Asking for a friend...

It's been a little crazed around here lately. For whatever reason, Sydney has started to wake up at least once, sometimes twice, during the night, and I can honestly say I've been more tired these last few days than I was when she was a newborn. I've been reading up for reasons why she's been waking, and I've deduced it to either our crazy busy September and changes in her weekend routine or because she's about to start crawling (or walking?) soon. Yes, Sydney still isn't crawling--she isn't even army crawling--but I'm okay with that and know she'll move when she's ready. She transitions from sitting into a crawling position so easily that it makes me think she can but just doesn't want to. I keep encouraging her, but I'd be lying if I said there was a part of me that wants my baby to stay tiny and immobile. ;-) So no crawling yet, but Syd loves standing and 'walking' when she's holding your hands so much that it makes Jordan and I think she may skip the crawling stage and jump right to walking. She's growing up too fast!

Goldenrod Headband // Chambray Romper (sold out, similar here) // Gold Moccasins

As I mentioned, our September has been BUSY. We've had visitors for the last three weekends in a row, and we're now prepping to be out of town for the next two (this could also be why I'm feeling a little crazed). Jordan's mom and her boyfriend visited us the first weekend in September, then some of my girlfriends from college came the weekend after, and my parents just left yesterday. Oh, and between all the visits, Sydney also got a new highchair, went to her first Broncos game, learned how to pull herself up to stand, and became a pancake monster.

Snuggles with Grandma Anderson

Munching on some tofu in her new Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair

Hiking around Garden of the Gods


Probably the most exciting thing that's happened recently (in my mind) is attending Sydney's first Broncos game! One of my clients does quite a bit of advertising with The Denver Post, so they generously offered me and Jordan suite tickets AND on-field pre-game tickets. Umm, yes please! We decided to bring Sydney with because we couldn't find a babysitter for such a long period of time (one of the downfalls of being out here alone) and because I thought it'd be a perfect opportunity for her first game. Being that we were going to be in a suite, she would be shielded from the sun and the 85-degree temperature, the drunks, and the loudness (Sports Authority Field is one of the NFL's loudest stadiums). Plus, suites have their own bathrooms (so I wouldn't have to worry about unsavory public bathrooms with her) AND their own entrances (so we wouldn't have to worry about fans rushing in/out), so I felt comfortable she'd be fine. And she totally was -- she. had. a. BLAST! (Warning: photo overload...)

Excited to tailgate!

Yes, Mom---Sydney had lots of sunscreen on.



Ran into Archie Manning and Mrs. Manning ditching the game early, HA!


Thank you so much, Denver Post! We had an awesome time. :-)

This past weekend wrapped up the last of our visitors for a while (at least until mid-October); my parents drove out for the weekend, and it was lovely to see them again. While we usually stay with my parents when we visit MN, they actually don't get too much time with Sydney (or us -- but let's be honest, it's all about the baby now) because we're always rushing off to meet people or do things.


Caught this incredibly sweet moment of Sydney and my dad

If you're still reading/looking, thanks for sticking with me! I'll post tomorrow with pictures of our FINISHED (yes, finished!) entryway. :-)

Xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished