Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sydney's First Birthday


I'm fairly certain I spent more time planning Sydney's first birthday party than our own wedding. When did birthday parties get so big?? I blame Pinterest. And Etsy! And myself. :-/ I don't even know how many times Jordan looked at me like I'd lost my mind, but I'm willing to bet it was no less than once a week - ha!! I knew I had a keeper, though, when he walked downstairs at 5:00 in the morning and saw me not only still up but watching sewing tutorials on YouTube while simultaneously assembling five-piece invitation ensembles, and still managed to somehow say, "Looking good, babe. You're doing great." Because I'm pretty sure his face while walking away looked like the big-eyed WTF emoji. 


But it was all worth it in the end, and even though there may have been a few tears shed during the process (and/or hours before the party started), I was really happy with how everything came together. We decided to have Sydney's party back in Minnesota because all of our family and the majority of our friends are still there, and it meant so much to us to have our loved ones help celebrate her big day. Sydney did so well throughout the party (the mini pancakes definitely helped) but was as disinterested in her smash cake as if it were a huge broccoli head. In fact, she kind of hated it. Anyone else's kid hate their cake?


Thank you to all the incredibly great small shops I used for Sydney's party decor and apparel; I couldn't be more thankful to work with all of you! It made planning her party so much more fun (and pretty!!). Also thank you to Paulette Lisa Schraeder Photography for capturing all the beautiful images below while I was running around finishing the last details. And lastly thank you to all our family and friends who came to the party, sent texts, cards, gifts, etc. You guys are too good to us, and our little girl is so lucky to be so loved!!


And a few pics from various guests' phones . . . 


Sources:

Invitations: Kelli Murray
Glitter and Pom Garlands and Cake Topper: Little Dovie
Fabric Garland: The Olive Grove Shop
Tassel Garlands:  Glam Fete
Black & White Teepee: B.E. Little You and Me
Custom Cookies: The Baked Equation
Birthday Cake and Smash Cake: Queen of Cakes
Sequin Dress and Flower Crown: Avery and Ry
Feather Crown: A Tiny Arrow
Birthday Crown: Little Blue Olive

Special thanks to my parents for graciously allowing me to take over their home for a few days in prep for Syd's party -- and of course for helping out and hosting! You guys are the most wonderful people I could have ever been blessed with loving, and I hope to be half the parent you guys are. Also special thanks to my wonderfully sweet, generous, kind-hearted and T A L E N T E D friend Calli Fox (owner of Avery and Ry), who not only created the absolute most darling birthday attire ever, but also so generously helped me with so many other things!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished