Tuesday, December 13, 2016

{12 Days of Giveways} Day 7 : Hooray Everyday

Sydney's birthday is almost exactly a month and a half away, and I have done absolutely NOTHING for it. Oh wait, I take that back; I've created a Pinterest board with zero images pinned, obviously (I'm the worst 'pinner' ever). Why? Because unlike Sydney's first two birthday parties, where I've come up with elaborate themes and have gone all-freaking-out, this year I'm totally stumped. This year Sydney actually has an opinion on her birthday---and being that I always want to encourage and explore her little creative brain, I told her whatever she chooses goes. So, with that said, the theme she chose is . . . a Beast party. As in Beauty and the Beast sans Beauty. She just wants the Beast. We were at Party City a couple weeks ago, and I held up Beauty and the Beast paper plates---no dice. "Yes, Mommy, except no Belle," is what she told me. 😳😳😳 So what's a mom to do? Buy the plates and scratch Belle off?? I have NO idea how to execute this, but the other day I bought a Beast doll from the Disney store, so I guess it's on like donkey kong. Anyone that happens to stumble upon a Beast party, will you snap some pics and send them my way? 😂🙈


Regardless of how I attempt to make this 'theme' come to life, I know I will be contacting one shop for sure: Hooray Everyday. Hana Walker is the owner of Hooray Everyday (formerly known as Little Dovie), and she creates the most amazing, adorable and fun garlands and party goods for holidays, birthdays, seasons and just every day fun. "Because life's a party," is her tagline, and I could not agree with her more. Ever since having Sydney, I feel holidays, seasons, birthdays (anyone's birthday) and more are so much more fun getting to experience them with her, and that includes setting a fun and decorative atmosphere for us.


I stumbled upon Hana's shop months before Sydney turned one, and I fell so in love with her garlands. They were perfect for Sydney's first year pictures and perfect for her first birthday party. Since then I have turned to Hana for almost every holiday, every season, every custom request I may have---and Hana has not only nailed it every time with the most perfectly curated colors and pieces, but moreover she always handles herself with the utmost kindness, happiness, generosity, grace and love. She is honestly the definition of sweet. She's thankful, appreciative, humble and kind-hearted, which goes a long way in the Etsy world and an even longer way in friendships. 


Hana started out making pom garlands, which were adorable and so fun but what I can only imagine was beyond time-consuming (I've yet to finish the pom garland I'm making for our tree this year 😁), and she eventually switched over to felt ball garlands, which are equally adorable and even more fun. She has a large variety of felt ball colors, as well as twine to string them on, and she still does letter garlands, including seasonal/holiday phrases (i.e., "MERRY & BRIGHT" for Christmas or "BOO" for Halloween) or custom phrases, such as "SYDNEY BELLE TURNS ONE." She also makes cake-toppers (which are so stinking cute) or fun necklaces for little girls, which I actually need to order for Sydney, as she's been dying for her own real necklace ever since her Sofia the First amulet went "missing." 😉


If you are looking for the perfect accessory for your party, look no further; I promise you will be more than satisfied with one of Hana's beautifully well made and adorably fun pieces. Even her packages are the most fun to open up; it's like your own birthday every time. Check her out and give her a follow on Instagram to stay up-to-date on new product launches or cute and fun pictures---inspiration for your next party! She's constantly changing things up or collaborating with creative bloggers for fun garlands, and you definitely won't want to miss out!


And as always, head on over to my Instagram to enter in a giveaway for a c u s t o m felt ball garland! I just had Hana create a holiday one for Sydney's bedroom to match her new ornaments I got her tree, and I mean---how perfect is it?? The most fun, whimsical little holiday space in our whole house. 😍 ALSO---for extra bonus entries, please comment below with an idea for a Beast party (hey, I'm taking full advantage of this---I need help, lol!!) and remember to leave your Instagram handle, so I know you've entered twice.

Hana, we love you so much---and I'm so thankful to also call you my friend! And if you have any ideas for how to execute this 'Beast' birthday party Sydney so desperately wants, please let me know!!

Hope you guys are having a great week!

xo,
Sarah


9 comments :

  1. I love Hana, too! I also love Sydney's request, it reminds me of when Chloe started to get older and requested her own themes. I can you do a Beast type of tea party? Include the dishes from the movie, and then blue/navy/gold as the color scheme. Sounds fun and I want an invite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that idea! Sounds so fun. I think I'm also going to incorporate some pinks as well---we'll see how this goes, lol!

      Delete
  2. Hooray Everyday is my favorite!!! I just went nuts with my daughters first! For a beast party- can you focus on the scene with the rose? Incorporate that into the masculine, "beastly" theme. Reds and browns with a splash of yellow for belle would be pretty! I would just go abstract with the yellow! I happen to be an addict to Pinterest! Check out my boards- maybe it will give you some inspiration! @kelseyklos good luck ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, right?? It's so hard not to go all out! Thanks so much for your help, sweet mama!

      Delete
  3. We had a sort of beast themed party for my little girl a few years ago! One of her favorite things was our faux fur ears attached to headbands. They doubled as party favors and she still plays with them! (My instagram account is @r2sgirl btw.) ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, your little girl wanted a Beast party too?? From Beauty and the Beast?????

      Delete
  4. Ok I'm seriously obsessed with all these beautiful garlands and Pom Poms. And boy am I feeling your pain when it comes to this Beast theme... But based one Sydney's first two parties, I'm sure you'll make it just perfect! XX, Morgan

    Www.liliesandlambs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gal is challenging you with this theme! I'd say focus on the magic mirror he uses - maybe you could get some affordable hand mirrors and her party guests could decorate the backs with gems or paint or whatever you dream up! Maybe you could have the cake be decorated like the rose and put it under a big glass cake dome! Good luck - can't go wrong with Hooray Everyday involved, that's for sure!
    Amanda Lamb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy early Birthday to your little one! We have the same tree decorations this year...lol! Well, I know how difficult planning a party when a toddler's imagination chose the theme ;) For a direct touch of the Beast, you could print your chosen "Beast" image on cardstock, cut in the shape of your plates and lay atop the center of the plate?
    Good luck, thanks for the giveaway opportunity, amd I will be watching to see how it turns out!
    Heather Easter (@heaster02)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished